Thursday, November 5

House votes today on extension of homebuyer credit!


This has to be some of the best news Ive had all year!!  Originally the first time homebuyer tax credit was to be 10% of the purchase price up to $8,500 and would only be eligible for those looking at single family homes which must close by November 30, 2009!
The new proposal is to extend the date to April 30, 2010 and you must close by June 30, 2010 to be eligible for the $6,500 credit.  One of the cool things about that is they extend it an additional year for those who have family in the military.  Plus they offer credit on those who have purchased a home in the past five years!  I'm not sure what the details are of the type of residence or how that $6,500 comes to be but I'm just excited that this might happen!!  I had originally planned to purchase my rental property by November but with all the bills I have at the moment my next goal date was May, so April 30th is SO perfect!!  I really cant wait to start on all my home projects!!  AND stop worrying about rent and focus on all my other passions in life!  Cant wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment